Race Face OVAL BOOST Cinch Chainring
Our premium 1X RaceFace Boost 148 direct mount Oval chainrings are designed for CINCH system RaceFace uses to mount chainring directly to the crank. This version is for BOOST 148 specific bikes and FAT BIKES (when reversed).
Difference between Boost148 and non-boost chainrings is in the offset/dish of the chainring itself only. You would use same crank in both boost and non-boost bikes, but chainring offset has to be different to accommodate chainstay clearance. Boost chainrings have only 3mm offset while non-boost ones 6mm.
Our Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power
evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke
where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval
rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while
climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer
torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually
feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round
Why it matters
Traction, Traction and Traction. With oval rings rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints (knees) and therefore be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. Moreover, 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedaling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. It is world's finest RaceFace cinch oval chainring backed by tens of thousands of customers.
- Size (Mass +/-1g): 26T (52g), 28T (54g), 30T (58g), 32T (62g), 34T (69g), 36T (coming)
- Color: Black, Cannondale Green, Red, Gold
- Compatibility: RaceFace Cinch system cranks. RF Next SL, RF SIXC, RF Turbine, RF Atlas, AEFFECT CINCH cranks. 9, 10, 11 and 12spd Eagle compatible
- Material: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction
- Finish: type II anodizing
- Chainline: 52mm
- Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and Timing of 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent Pending
- We mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts
- The ability of installation of a smaller ring sizes that can't be mounted on regular spider
- Superb quality and great look
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees
- Chainring is reversible and fits also Fatbikes with 170/190mm axles
- 26T Oval chainring has the ovality of 24/28T and is best for someone who uses currently 26T round ring. (Fatbikes!)
- 28T Oval chainring has an ovality of 26/30T and is best for someone who uses currently 27 or 28T round ring. (Fatbikes!)
- 30T Oval chainring has the ovality of 28/32T and is best for someone who uses currently 29 or 30T round ring.
- 32T oval ring will suit best someone who uses 31 or 32T chainring currently. While pedaling, you will feel quite similar effort to the one riding round 31T ring (as the smallest diameter of the oval is 30T), but you will gain the speed similar to riding 33/34T chainring.
- 34T Oval chainring has an ovality of 32/36T and is best for someone who uses currently 33 or 34T round ring.
- 36T Oval chainring has an ovality of 34/38T and is best for someone who uses currently 35 or 36T round ring.