The Soda Slope is a radical bike for big moves that takes over where dirt jumping hardtails are not enough. It's most important feature is that it enables true single speed setups with no chain tensioners or standard derailleur / single front ring setups. The Slope is exceptionally nimble and manoeuvrable with one of the shortest chain stays we have ever seen on production full suspension bikes. It was designed to feel just like a Majesty dirt-jump frame but with a safety valve in the rear end for big hits and high speed runs. We also tested the Slope in a more traditional DH environment, and found that with a longer fork (around 160mm) it can actually ride downhill surprisingly well. Even though the travel is short, the quality of the ride is great. The frame is really very stiff torsionally - we have been throwing 180's and 360's for days on end and experienced absolutely no problems. The suspension won't hamper you- we bet you can pull off just about every street trick that you can do on your hardtail.
In the rear end you will find a 4-bar linkage that gives several advantages:
- lateral stiffness of the rear end of the bike
- minimised side loads on the shock, eliminating excessive shock wear and friction
- an optimised shock rate curve.
Soda Slope is fitted with a Rock Shox Monarch RL shock with custom tune. The lockout option is a really nice feature, making this frame feel like a hardtail when jumping but will open up and save your butt on the biggest hits. It also means that you don't have to put crazy high pressure in the shock to get this characteristic, and can open the lockout if you want to ride some rough off-road sections.
Designed to run with air shocks and very little or even no sag for street / dirt, or with standard sag settings (around 25-30%) for a more conventional feel.
Available with shocks: Rock Shox Monarch RL (lockout) with custom tune
- Rear wheel travel: 107mm (4.2”) rear wheel travel
- Tubes: AL6061-T6 + AL6066-T6 custom formed and butted tubes, smooth ‘double pass’ welding in critical areas
- Rear shock: 190x50mm (7.5 x 2.0”): mounting hardware: front & rear 22.2 x 8 mm
- Head tube: integrated tapered IS42/IS52, head tube length 115mm
- Fits forks: standard 1-1/8” or tapered 1.5 1-1/8” steerer tubes
- Rear hub: 135x10mm, suggested bolt-on hubs
- Disc brake: IS-2000 disc brake mount, max rotor size: up to 185mm
- BB: threaded 73mm with ISCG-05 mounts
- Biggest chainring: up to ~34t
- Speed setups: pivot around BB allowing true single speed setups
- Rear derailleur: optional hanger included
- Front derailleur: not compatible
- Seat post/clamp: 30.9mm / 34.9mm
- Max tire: 26 x 2.4”
- Weight (w/o shock): ~3.05kg