A solid all-around brake and ranked between the Juicy and Code for power output, the Avid Elixir R Disc Brake features Avids new Taperbore technology. TaporBore design means the fluid reservoir and piston share the same space, which not only looks sleek, it also shaves grams, improves lever feedback, and gives you more braking power and control.
Intended use: Cross Country, Trail, All-Mountain, Freeride, Downhill
- Finish: Mercury Silver body, Tungsten Gray lever, Mercury Silver caliper
- Special features: TaperBore Technology, Tool-free Reach Adjustment, Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System, Power Reserve Geometry, Ambidextrous, Split Clamp/Matchmaker compatible, Drip-free bleeding, Two-piece caliper, Top loading pads
- System: Two piston, open system
- Rotor sizes: G3 Clean Sweep 160, 185, 203, 140mm (rear only)
- Fluid: DOT 5.1
- Weight: 385g (160mm rotor; front post mount)