Thunderbird FR EVO Bike
- rear: Microshift Advent RD-M6205GM (with clutch), 1x10
- front: Dartmoor Reel Boost 110x15mm, 32H
- rear: Dartmoor Reel Boost 148x12mm, 32H
This bike can give you more fun in the bikeparks than you could ever imagine, won’t kill your budget, and let you save some cash for the bikepark lifts. With a 180mm travel Rock Shox Domain front suspension that offers 38mm chassis, and X-Fusion H3C HLR coil shock, you can focus only on riding, and let the rest just vanish.
FR stands for freeride, and this is what you should do with this bike. A new Thunderbird FR frame sits on 27.5" wheels, as they are easier to get than 26" nowadays. Coil or air - it is your choice where you want to play with it. We designed it for bikepark laps with friends that choose double black diamonds for a warm-up run. It is a progressive and stiff as hell platform ready to be braapped, hucked, and miss-treated regularly. Thunderbird FR pedals just right to keep the sweat off during beer runs while its suspension stays responsive enough to prevent cold ones from ruffling. Well, that is what our R&D team says. 180mm of rear and up to 200mm of front travel with geometry allowing to fit a 29-inch front wheel means you can easily match it with a dual crown fork and keep the eyes away from your lovely mullet. With a great price to build ratio, you can easily save on a bike and travel more!
For keeping the frame trouble-free, all pivot points are working on the stiff axlesmounted on the sealed Max type bearings. The progressive suspension design is perfect for both types of shocks: spring shocks and large volume air shocks. The construction reduces also the negative impact of braking on the suspension operation. If you look for some more tech talk - the head tube is ready to take the new generation of 1.8" tapered forks with 68-69mm crowns and the dropout is compatible with the SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH).
- 180/180mm front/rear suspension travel
- Super solid Dartmoor Thunderbird aluminum frame with 180mm travel, Boost rear end, and SRAM UDH hanger
- 1.8" tapered head tube with 69mm fork crown, 1.8" tapered fork steerer, and 60mm bottom headset bearing to take safely huge drops and long gaps
- Rock Shox Domain fork with 38mm upper legs, Motion Control damper, and DebonAir spring
- New X-Fusion H3C HLR shock with 400 lbs coil rate
- FSA Comet Heavy Duty alu forged crankset with 24mm chromoly spindle and 34T direct mount narrow-wide chainring
- 31.8mm cockpit with 785mm wide Race Face Atlas handlebar and short Beetle stem
CAUTION: Bikes are set up for riding and partially disassembled, with some parts removed, like front wheel, steering wheel, pedals and seat post with saddle.