Synonim RC 2 Bike
- rear: Sram GX Eagle type 3 12spd
- front:NS Rotary Straight Pull 15 Boost 15x110 disc (sealed bearings)
- rear: NS Rotary Straight Pull Cassette 148x12mm Boost (sealed bearings)
XC racing is back - big time! With the way the courses have developed it's fun to watch and fun to ride. Despite this almost all bikes on the market in this category have the same old-school geometry that hasn't changed for years.
Bikes in all other segments have developed and designers and riders have realized that longer reach, steeper seat angles and slack head angles create a unique combination that makes the bikes faster and easier to control.
When we started experimenting with this geometry in prototype XC race bikes, we got results that we expected on the gnarly, downhill sections - these bikes were simply on another planet compared to anything else on the market with this amount of travel. But what we were most surprised to find is that the bikes also climbed better, and were super fast on the flats! The former is mainly due to the fact that the riders is sitting more in front of the rear wheel and the weight distribution is better when the road points uphill. The latter is a result of the possibility to lower the cockpit and place the rider in a more aggressive, aero position without the bike feeling sketchy on the downhills.
We have asked many experienced XC racers to test this bike on their favorite courses and there really is no doubt as to how fast this bike really is. They managed to make massive improvements on segments that have been attacked by them hundreds of times on their 'normal' bikes.
- Lightweight carbon frame
- Unique geometry, unprecedented in this category
- 100mm front / 100mm rear wheel travel
- Fox Performance 32 Step Cast fork
- Fox Performance Series Elite Float DPS shock
- Dual remote for fork & shock
- 12-speed SRAM GX Eagle rear derailleur
- Lightweight WTB ST i25 rims
- SRAM Level TL brakes
- X-Fusion Manic dropper post